Sunday, March 8, 2009

Queensland, Australia - free public transport for youth proposed


The Greens - Australia

"We have a real problem in Brisbane with traffic congestion and this is part of the solution," he said.

"I want to see young people encouraged to use public transport and this is a great way to do that, but I also want to see young people rewarded for using public transport because they are doing the community a favour.

"There is a long-term gain of lower congestion, less pollution, and far less pressure to build new roads." The Australian

[see also the new blog: Fare-Free Australia]

1 comment:

Sue | Vehicle Financing said...

I have to agree with this it starts with the younger generation, once we get them into using public transport, they will continue to use this and this will create less traffic congestion for others as well as less pollution. Here they even saying use this and it will be free, I can't think of anything better, I just wish that we had have the transport system here in South Africa, I think that more people would use it too, but unfortunately we don't and every yea we have more and more cars on the road.