- Fare-free transit - breaks the back of autosprawl critical mass.
- Car sharing - allows people to live without car ownership
- Bike sharing/bike lanes - promotes car-free lifestyles
- Walkability - this should be the goal of all other plans
- Gardens/Farmers Markets with local food - less driving to supermarkets
- Good schools - reduce suburban flight and consequent commuting
- New subways - take people underground to allow cars on surface
- Bus rapid transit - in most cases supports suburban commuting and makes city more dangerous
- Bus on shoulder - seriously?
- HOT/HOV lanes - promotes inequality, tries to make the unworkable road system work
- Road pricing/tolls - squeezes the people for more money to keep roads working
- Solar panels/insulation for sprawl houses - avoids the problem - promotes inequality
- HSR - solving the wrong problem first, divisive
Rail projects, including HSR, can be good or bad, depending on whether they promote car-free living or are just trying to preserve the suburbs.